Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weddings and Water Fights


What a weekend {which was more than a few days ago…}. I have to say that I absolutely love the month of July. The fourth is on of my favorite holidays for sure but there is a special place in my heart for the 24th. I am so grateful for my pioneer ancestors and the sacrifices they made all those years ago, so that my family and I could live with our values and beliefs, here in Utah.

Kristie and Todd’s wedding turn out really nice{last post}. It was a simple wedding and reception but it was still beautiful. I have to admit, while I’m nowhere near ready to be married… it kinda made me wish my day would get here sooner, haha.



Every year my family and the Wagstaff’s throw a 24th of July party for our neighborhood. Last years was a blast (read about it here, or just scroll down), and this years was just as fun although it was significantly smaller. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to take as many pictures as last time because my camera ran out of juice and I couldn’t find the charger. However it was pretty much the same as last year. Water fight in the afternoon. Cotton candy, popcorn, and Snow cones to boot.  After everyone has time to change and relax for a minute, there is a Barbeque. I love summer because of all the BBQ’s. 
{Note: Chileans do BBQ’s like no other. Not just hotdogs and hamburgers, oh no, but hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, steak, sausages, basically anything you can grill. That’s our idea of a party!}
After the bbq we had an outdoor movie on a giant blow up screen. So much fun, but the mosquitoes here in Lehi are the size of bats so that kind of dampened the spirit. But only a tiny little bit. Even though there weren’t as many people there as last year, it was still a good time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment